Tulip Cushion Grip Steel Crochet Hook by Size
- Item #: TulipSteelSize
- Manufacturer: Tulip
All Crochet Hooks SHIP FREE to USA addresses
Select from among 8 sizes in the drop-down menu, below. The smallest we have is .50 mm (similar to a US size #14 steel hook), and the largest: 1.75 mm (similar to a US size #3 or #4 steel hook).
Each comes with a good-fitting tube cap to protect the gold-tipped hook head. These caps are made of a nicer type of plastic than other caps I have from other brands. These caps don't readily crack, scratch, or stretch out.
These premium steel crochet hooks by Tulip Needle Co. feature the signature "Etimo" elastomeric cushion grip. They're designed to give many comfortable hours of crocheting with thread and lace weight yarns.
Many have copied Tulip's exciting crochet hook. Tulip's handles are the original and still the best! Some imitations feel plastic-y, sticky, or smell like rubber tires.
Wondering about using seed beads with these steel hooks? Keep in mind the results below are approximate. Bead hole sizes and labeling vary among manufacturers, colors, finishes, and also within the same bead batch. The mm. size of a crochet hook does not typically measure the girth of the hook tip, so a crochet hook made in a different style, or at a different time within the same brand might coordinate differently with bead sizes.
Try to use the biggest crochet hook size for the job, if you are adding beads to a lace weight yarn project. This reduces snagging any partially slicing through delicate fibers.
- Seed bead size 1° or 1/0 (a.k.a. "jumbo seed bead") fits 75% of the time onto the 1.75 mm hook.
- 100% of them would fit on the next smaller size (1.50 mm).
- Seed bead size 6° or 6/0 (a.k.a. "E-bead") fits 50% of the time onto the 1.25 mm hook.
- 100% of them might fit on the next smaller size (1.00 mm), or else the 0.90 mm.
- Seed bead size 8° or 8/0 fits 50% of the time onto the 0.75 mm hook.
- 100% of them might fit on the next smaller size (0.60 mm).
- Seed bead size 10° or 10/0 fits 75% of the time onto the 0.60 mm hook.
- 100% of them might fit on the next smaller size (0.50 mm).
- Seed bead sizes 11° and 12° or 11/0, 12/0 fit 50% of the time onto the 0.50 mm hook, depending on the source.
If your order contains more than one shippable (not downloadable) item, the shipping method automatically upgrades FREE from USPS First Class to Priority Mail. Priority mail shipments take just 2 or 3 days to arrive under normal conditions.