Lotus: Z-Twisted Sport Weight Fashion Yarn
All Order ship FREE to USA addresses! Click HERE to see crochet patterns for Lotus.
Our exclusive Lotus yarn is a fashion quality smooth sport weight blend. It's Z-twisted (counterclockwise-spun).
We package it in five amounts:
Why are Doris Chan and Vashti Braha excited about Lotus yarn?
- Its Z-twist spin is ideal for crochet. For most crocheters it reduces "splitting" (when the crochet hook snags or splits some of a yarn's strands). Crocheting with it speeds up crocheting, looks prettier, and the yarn looks new longer. Most plied yarn in the US is spun with a final "S-Twist" instead (clockwise spin).
- Almost no mill knots! It's proudly made in an American mill that also serves the fashion industry.
- The starting yarn end is HOOK READY: It's attached to the yarn label and waiting for you.
- Versatile sport weight thickness (#2 Fine Weight or Light DK).
- Its fiber blending interacts beautifully with crochet stitches. Cotton is blended with 48% Rayon a special way. The rayon (plant fiber viscose) adds a subtle shimmer. Cotton adds strength, keeping it from feeling limp and slippery. Spritz with water and the rayon's silky drape comes out; the cotton fibers plump a bit for beautiful pearly stitches.
- 19 colors! We don't have to worry about it being discontinued. We're planning more colors.
Machine wash and dry on a gentle setting with like colors. As with most fashion fabrics, hand washing and air drying extend its life.
Patterns for Lotus: scroll to the bottom for more.
Patterns to Use With Lotus Yarn: Lotus Gallery
Subscribe to Crochet Inspirations newsletter to find out about new patterns.
How to use Lotus Yarn in your favorite pattern: Start with the crochet hook size called for in the pattern. If it falls in a range of US-5 (F/3.75 mm) to US-7 (G/4.50 mm), then look next at the type of yarn. If it's mostly cotton or rayon (i.e. viscose, bamboo, tencel), chances are great that Lotus will work well. We carefully tailored our Lotus yarn to crochet for exciting results, but it's great to knit and weave with it too.
Lotus is...crochet enlightenment.