Lotus Snack: Mini Ball of Lotus Yarn in Dark Roast
- Item #: LYSnackBrown
- Manufacturer: DV Mill #1
FREE SHIPPING on all orders to USA addresses! Non-USA orders, please email CustomerSupport@designingvashti.com .
This is the same versatile DesigningVashti Lotus yarn in a smaller amount: one-third the size of a full ball. See the Lotus Snacks main page to compare its size and for more details about this exclusive designer's choice yarn.
Lotus Snacks are Hook Ready™. The starting yarn end of its center-pull "cake" ball is attached to the yarn label and waiting for you. It's wound to sit flat next to you while you crochet (no more rolling onto the floor). Ships in its own clear protective bag that doubles as a portable project bag. Just add crochet hook and crocheter and go!
About This Dark Roast Color
Dark Roast is a deep true brown: no reddish, yellowish, or greenish undertones. It is almost a brown-black, like dark-roasted espresso beans. It is a true neutral, like our Pearly Pearl, Black Gleam, Satin Grey, and White Blaze. It contrasts beautifully with the warm rich colors like Peachy Sheen,Teal Glimmer, and even Purple Glow.
Some ideas for Lotus Snacks in Dark Roast
- Use for a stripe of the Starpath Scarf pattern. (The pattern page has details on the amount of yarn per stripe.)
- Combine with other amounts of Lotus for tapestry crochet and to add stripes and other color work accents. (See Vashti's newsletter issue #16, "Flavor Burst Crochet" for inspiration.)
- Make several Color Chips and Candied Charms to use as jewelry gifts or as dangly embellishments on scarf ends and other accessories. (Vashti's newsletter issue #56 is about other uses of the Color Chips idea.) Use instead of black for the necklace chain.
- Crochet it with two strands of it held together for the Tiki Wristbrace and other crochet jewelry patterns that call for medium weight ("worsted weight") yarns.
- Small accessories: Headbands, small bags and pouches, belts, etc.
Especially with jewelry, bags, belts, and kitchen projects, Lotus Yarn works great in a tighter gauge, such as a US E-4 (3.50 mm) crochet hook. For example, Vashti successfully substituted Lotus colors for her Aran Rozsanas Wristcuff pattern.
Need advice about substituting Lotus for a specific crochet pattern? Visit our helpful forums in Ravelry: Doris Chan Crochet, Vashti's Crochet Lounge.
To find out when we add new patterns for Lotus, subscribe to Vashti's free Crochet Inspirations newsletter.