Cat's-Eye Pendant Cord
- Item #: 1-J5109B
- Manufacturer: Vashti Braha
Here's a necklace cord that's quick and easy, even for newer crocheters who know how to crochet the taller stitches. Use for multiple pendants, wear it lariat-style with the bead clasp in the front, or hang your eyeglasses in one of the links to quickly "grab and read".
This is one of my speediest and most versatile pendant cord designs. Use large-holed and lightweight pendants, such as the abalone ring (pictured), other kinds of shell, wood, Lucite, and amber pieces so that you can change them at will. Can also be used as an eyeglass holder. This flexible pattern is written with three options to accommodate the widest range of materials:
- Unstrung Pendant
- Pre-Strung Pendant
- Pre-Strung Barrel Beads
Use option #2 for smaller-holed pendants (permanently strung, such as the yellow necklace pictured). Use option #3 for decorating each “cats-eye” link with large-holed spacers or barrel beads.
The pattern is written without pesky stitch abbreviations.
Finished Dimensions: You choose the length. Pictured necklaces are approx. 32”/81cm long.
Yarn advice: pictured are: DMC Senso (rose), Berroco Latitude (grey), DMC cotton embroidery floss (just 1 hank of yellow). The stiffer the yarn used, the better; for example, hemp, cotton, linen. The yellow has gone limp with wear so it’s not my first choice for this project. Perhaps if crocheted together with fine crochet thread or wire.
- Less than one skein of a stiff #1 Super Fine weight yarn (aka fingering, sock, baby weight).
- Size 3.25mm/D/3 crochet hook.
- Optional: One large bead for clasp, preferably a striking accent bead so that necklace may also be worn lariat-style without a pendant (A crochet button alternative is provided in pattern)
- A pendant, ideally of lightweight material with a large hole
- Approx. 18 large-holed beads for beaded version. Holes of beads shown are 5mm across.
- Skill Level: Easy (Advanced Beginner)